Saturday, September 12, 2009

09.11.09 - Memory


On September 11, 2001, I was on Active Duty in the U.S. Navy. While I was about 100 miles from the Pentagon, I knew several people that either worked there or frequently attended meetings or briefings there, including my father.

He was actually supposed to be in a meeting at the Pentagon the morning it was hit by American Airlines Flight 77. While I was fortunate not to have lost anyone that I knew to that tragedy or any of the September 11 attacks, thousands upon thousands were not so lucky.

I took these photos at the Virginia War Memorial in Richmond the afternoon of September 11, 2009, regardless of what the upload date says here. The U.S. and Virginia flags were flown at half-staff, and the statue in the lower portion of the photo is appropriately titled "Memory".

No comments:

Post a Comment